Qutub Minar was not named after Qutbuddin Aibak
It was originally called Mazina ( muezzin ‘ s tower ).
First use of word Qutub was recorded in 18th c by Ensign Blunt.
It was a local legend that this was Qutub Sahab ‘s Laat or staff – a Sufi saint connected to heaven with his Laat.
Some paintings and photos from 18th & 19th c
A view by Karl Bertuch of the Qutb Minar and the Red Fort, from the ‘Bilderbuch fur Kinder’ (1790-1820)
“The Kotub Minar, near Delhi,” from the Illustrated London News, 1857
“The Tower of Kootub, plain of Delhi,” from the Illustrated London News, 1875
“The Kootub, from a photograph,” from “The Land of the Veda,” by William Butler, 1872
“Scene at the Kootab Minar, after the capture of the king of Delhi,” from the Illustrated Times, 1858
‘Views in India, Saint Helena& Car Nicobar, drawn from nature and on stone by John Luard’ (London: Dickinson, 1838)
“Kuttub Minor, Delhi. [The Qutb Minar],” an aquatint by Thomas Daniell, 1805
Qutub Minar by SitaRam
Early 19th c
Sir Syed called haft minar
Based on this looks correct.
And this is by Mazhar Khan in 1840 for Metcalfe.
Guess which is the building in the foreground!
Obviously the patron Metcalfe ‘s summerhouse Dilkusha
Qutub minar during 1858