Yakhni pulao finds a mention in Ain e Akbari. It is of Persian origins but honed to perfection in the kitchens of the Awadh Nawabs.
For #Yakhni stock
1 p Ginger
5 cloves garlic chopped
2 Onion chopped
2 Big cardamom
2 small cardamom
Few Pepper corn,cloves
1 tbsp (Saunf)
1 tbsp Whole coriander
4-5 cups water
240 gms meat ( chicken or mutton)
250 gms basmati previously soaked
1 onion sliced
1/2 cup dahi well beated
1 pc ginger chopped finely
Few tez patta, laung, pepper
1. The above ingredients for stock should be tied up in a fine muslin cloth
In pressure cooker Put 250 gm meat in 4 cups water, salt to taste
3. Strain meat and keep the stock.
asideTake out muslin bag and squeeze out all the juice from it.
5. Fry onion golden brown and take out and set aside for garnish. Add the chopped ginger, tez patta, laung& pepper
6. Add the mutton/chicken puece and fry till moisture evaporates.
7. Add previously soaked basmati rice ( at least an hour) and fry tilk its coated with oul. Add the stock.
8. Stock should be double of rice
Eg. 2 cups rice
4 cups stock
250 gm meat means 250 gm rice too