Sent by Soleha Shams
A delicious kheema made with either mutton/chicken loaded with green masala, tomatoes and peas serve with pav or parathasare a must during sehri in Bombay. Since because of Pandemic many people started selling kheema from they house for suhoor.,all you have to.do.is place an order a day before and u can grab it at 3:00 am.
In normal days also you will find kheema pav across eateries around Mohammed Ali road or Bohri Mohalla which is quite famous for his food joint especially during Ramadhan and Parsi cafes as well like Kyanibakery or Merwan’s in South Bombay.
• 500 gms lamb Mince
• 2 onion large finely chopped
• 2 table spoon ginger garlic
• 3 – 4 green chillies finely chopped (lesser if you don’t want it too spicy)
• 2 tablespoon green peas
• 3 tomatoes large finely chopped
• 2 bay leaf
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 3 tsps cumin powder
• 4 tsps corriander powder
• ½ tspn garam masala
• Salt as per taste
1. In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil and saute the bay leaf and onion till fragrant. This will take about 1-2 minutes. Don’t over do it, else they will burn.
2. Add the finer garlic paste and chillies and fry till onions begin to brown.
3. Add the mince and fry well together.
4. Fry continuously for about 5 to 8 mins till you feel the mince is almost cooked (it will change color & texture).
5. Add the tomatoes and the remaining spices except thecoriander.
6. Further cook for about 5- 10 mins till the tomatoes are cooked and begun to leave oil.
7. Switch off the gas and add the coriander.
8. To serve, slice up the pav and warm slightly on a tawa/frying pan.
9. Squeeze over a lime.