Note: Qaliya are those meat curries in which haldi or turmeric is used as opposed to korma where color comes from fried onions & no turmeric is used.
Mutton – shoulder or leg – 500 gms
Chana dal – 2 cups
Adrak lahsan paste – 2tbsp
Dhania powder – 1 tbsp
Haldi powder -1 tsp
Mirch powder & salt to taste
1 onion medium sliced finely
Mint leaves & green Chilli for garnish
Oil – 2-3 tbsp depending on how oily you like currues
1. Take the sliced onions & fry golden in oil. Remove.
2. In same oil add the ground masalas & saute. Keep adding dashes of water to prevent it getting burnt. Do it for 10 minutes at least till oil leaves sides & a roasted smell comes from it.
3. Add the dal ( wash it first) & mutton.
Add 4 cups water
4. Pressure cook for 20 minutes
5. Open once steam escapes.
6. Take out in serving bowl & garnish with mint & green Chilli & fried onions
Enjoy with rice or chapati